One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Simple thoughts

I am an extreme fan of musicals. Anything that is musical, you are sure I will have watched it or want to watch it. As I was taking down the washing whilst whistling a merry tune from 'The Sound of Music' and as I sang 'Do a dear' I started skipping along with my washing basket. I suppose this was to mimic the actions of those delightfully happy characters... The thing is... When you skip with a basket full of clothes, you don't think about the clothes or even the pins that lay resting in that poor little basket.

Have you ever thought of the characters in musicals? It takes them the space of one song, let's say three minutes, to visit a whole city. And the whole time they are running. Running and sprinting, through fields and streets and famous cites that never look as good as in the movies.
And then when they run after their lovers for five seconds they're puffing and wheezing, their eyes full of tears, their love apparently draining their superhuman fitness. But that's what we want. We want them to be everything that is amazing except when you look really close and you see those little faults, those things that you feel only you noticed. It makes you feel special or that you are in on something with the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment