One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Peace

Don't you love spending, just one moment, in peace? I have many friends that speed from moment to moment, always doing something, living from whatever they are doing to then experience a next thing. I love experiences but I think you need to take a day. Or even just a few moments out of a day. To relax. To sit. To think. To enjoy.
Finding my house a bit crowded, a bit loud, and having an apartment alone for two years and a stereo happy father can do this to people. I took a few moments outside. Feeling the soft heat of the sun and the rush of the wind. Quite a bit of wind today. I decided to lie on the trampoline, it sways like a boat in strong winds and its soothing to lie there, soak up everything around you. I like looking at the olive trees in my garden. Contemplate about everything when I think about how old they are, some one hundred years old, and then looking at my palm tree that caught a 'butterfly sickness'. Someone at some point thought a butterfly was pretty and brought it to the South of France. Now the new species of butterfly gives a sickness to our palm trees. Makes you think what you can really do without thinking about it. My palm tree was given a spray against the disease but its gone through too much to get over the disease, with a harsh winter and my dogs incessant digging. The palm tree was much younger than the olive trees.
Strange that I feel so sad about a tree when some things don't bother me at all. When you sit there in the sun you think about a lot. All the insects that buzz by or crawl around.
There is a kind of red bug, like a ladybug but more insect-like (less attractive to people) that we used to call a 'gendarme' when we were young. I still don't know the real name of that bug. And Gendarme is what you call a village cop, the ones that are aloud to carry guns. I like the bugs better personally, great conversationalists. They like crawling around your hands and leading you to secret hideouts. Or at least they did when I was young. We've had a falling out since every time I sweep the driveway and the birds cage they get caught in my broom sweeps. We still talk, but its less affectionate as before.
Do you ever lie in the sun? Do your thoughts get as far-fetched as mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment