One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Movies movies movies

As you might have figured out from my introduction... of myself. Is that I want -and I will add that I am studying to become- an editor. An editor for movies that is. Therefore it is part of my job (good excuse no?) to watch as many movies as possible.
Today, well just now, I watched Kick-Ass. I don't care what people say about superhero movies I am an extreme fan of anything that remotely has the word super pronounced in it. No, I am not joking.

Kick-Ass is not a superhero movie. But it is absolutely as awesome as a real one. For all intents and purposes Kick-Ass himself is in fact a superhero but the other characters are more like revenge character in a crazy action movie that has everyone wearing costumes for identity purposes. The way it is done though makes that alright (sometimes revenge movies border on complete horror gore which I loath). This movie plays on a kind of black humor that plays off of comic book like fight and blood scenes.
All in all, although I am not one for that much violence in films, I really liked this film. Whoever enjoys a good fight and a good superhero movie should go watch this film. NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment