One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Florence and my first impressions of Rome

To give you my first impression of Florence would be to take only the bad sides of a city and describe what good you can find in that. Unfortunately my first day in Florence was littered with on and off rain, which later developed into a full downpour, and parking in a parking lot that was in the... Less beautiful part of the city. Normally I like to see the regular and touristic side of a city but as I said before, Italy is very much like France in its larger sized cities.
I do have to mention the second day in Florence. A parking lot that gave out on a beautiful street and a stimulating day walking through a more romantic side of Florence. I will not try to sound like those people who say both sides had their charms because one did not at all as the other had stolen it. But I do want to say that to take one away... Well no it would be nice if the city was only the nice side but what can I say! You have to take the good with the bad!

Upon entering Roma, we found ourselves driving through street after street of grafitti covered buildings. Yes, you heard me correctly. The entrance to Rome was not a great one but what we saw afterwards... OK it was only a park but I still really enjoyed it. We also went to the Villa Borghese (or the Galleria Borghese) which had some very inspiring paintings by Bernini. We were not allowed to bring cameras inside but I can give you a picture that I found on the net of one sculpture that was rather impressive.


Tomorrow we will venture to Keats grave and discover the Spanish Steps in the meantime... I will keep you up to date on any other excitments that come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment