One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Write on Wednesday: 12





The Write On Wednesday Rules: Get creative with the writing exercises - there isn't a right or wrong. Please do try to visit the other members of Write On Wednesdays and leave a comment of support and constructive criticism. 


Write On Wednesdays Exercise 26 - Look at the photo at the top of this post. What does it inspire in you? Set your timer for 5 minutes. With the photo in mind, write the first words that come into your head until the buzzer rings. If you aren't a visual person, you could try lighting a few candles and writing by candlelight. Different sensory experiences can be useful for inspiring creative writing so please play around to make the prompt suit your writing needs. If you do try writing by candlelight, let us know. I'd love to know how it works for you! 

Inspiration from the picture above.

Immediate follow up of the previous WoW story that you can find here

I walked quietly through the silent building, that day was finally coming to an end. Never really understanding where I was and what the drawings on the walls represented, the boy had called it a church. I had wondered how he had learned that. I didn't have the energy to think about that now. 

My shoes echoed across the walls as I walked further into the hollow halls. The boy was kneeling on a small step at the end of the building. He had cried with the rest of them and he still cried inside. Maybe a church was a place to release what lingered inside of your heart. I looked up at the symbols again and couldn't help but feel envious of the boy. 


When he stood back up, he turned to the side to light a single candle that stood on a metal platform. The pieces of old candles littered the metal surface, never to be lit again. As the flame erupted from his lighter I couldn't help but twitch. The metallic click echoed across the stones and the boy looked at me. He wasn't crying anymore. His face was hard and strong. And all I could do was envy his resolution as my eyes flickered to the single candle surrounded by the fragments of its brothers.  

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you chose to follow up on the previous story! I'm fascinated by this story and want to know more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know more each time I read something you've written.

    Everything you write draws me in and leaves me impatient for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fascinating. The idea of looking at the life we value from an outsider's perspective. You do it well! I think you are onto something here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to read this a couple of times (it takes me a while) and then read the proceeding story. It's a little Blade Runneresque and Terminatoresque and delicious and creepy and wow. Yep. There goes another shiver.

    Good job.

    --FC

    ReplyDelete