One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday's recommendation on Tuesday

I'm going to step past the books for one second only because this film is a dedication to the beauty of the written word and some of its greatest contributors.

I'm usually not a fan of Woody Allen movies so if you aren't either please listen to me when I say this movie would be an improvement to any home collection. To watch this movie is like curling up with a good book by the fire and you won't want to pause it until it's finished and you have no choice but to end the experience. The feeling you get is not unlike a warm cup of cocoa on a very cold day.
If you love the written word and the works of Hemingway and such then you will like the way this movie is written. Plus I have no idea what it is about Owen Wilson's voice but I always liked it.

The story is about a young man, affianced to a rather annoying woman, who is traveling with her and her family to Paris for a vacation. As he visits Paris he is reminded of his previous time there and dreams of the past, the 1920's, that he  idealizes over the present time.
Everything changes for him when, at midnight of a soft evening on MontMartre, he finds himself hailed by an old 1920's Renault car full of overjoyed people calling him over to travel with them. He follows them and finds himself at a 1920's inspired party. Or is it just inspired?

Picture found here

No comments:

Post a Comment