One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

VSO


Last weekend my new friend Juan and I decided that a trip to the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra was due so we knew if it was good enough to plan more trips over there.
We went to see Dvorak and Shostakovich's cello concerto. From Dvorak we heard Three Slavonic Dances and Symphony n°8 in G major.
And if you wanted to know if the Vancouver Symphony was good, well I will tell you, in my opinion, it was pretty great.
I'm not a fan of Shostakovich's music in itself but I can still appreciate something when it is well played. The Orchestra had a few tiny slips but nothing than doesn't happen when you are playing a longer show. And in slip ups I only mean like the violins were slightly out of sink for two seconds so nothing horrendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment