One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

How to cope

picture found here

I was 'insulted' many times today and I feel that it's kind of sad and annoying that people resort to such means to get at you.
Have you ever heard the old adage "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."? I think this is probably the most incorrect adage... ever.
Bones heal but words will hurt forever because you will never forget. You can forget momentary pain.
So if you have been called any of these names as I have been in just one day ("All in a good day's work") than let me enlighten you to the real meaning behind these insults so you can as I did today, brush them off sufficiently to be able to smile at the offender.
And not resort to what happens in the picture.

Loser: Enjoys working or the person saying it does not have the same clothes style as you (note: the only people that say that about clothes are 'fashionable' people who all wear exactly the same thing and look like clones. Be glad you aren't them.)

Freak and Weirdo: There's something about that is different from everyone else. You are unique.

Nerd: Either you like studying and will get a good job or you enjoy Sci-fi and fantasy. In which case you are awesome.

Idiot: Either you are a simple person and will not let complications mess with your life (which is brilliant in relationships) or the person who is accusing you of this is threatened by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment