One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving thanks

It's that fabulous time of year again, wearing coats, watching beautiful leaves fall to then be replaced by the snow, eating loads and loads (who doesn't love that?) and the coming Christmas delights.

I had one of my first actual American Thanksgivings the year before last, when I celebrated it with all my friends in San Francisco. Such a great experience and I can't help but miss them all the more when I think back to all the good times. My favorite part was when everyone was giving thanks for something or other that they have or have had or are going to get that they are grateful for.

Even though I am far from, well everyone, I want to write a list of the things I'm thankful for so that they know that I appreciate them.
I am thankful for...
* My Family.


-My Mother for being the greatest person alive and putting up with me calling her at any time of the day because of silly problems but also for being such a supportive positive person no matter what.


-My Father because on top of all his ridiculous jokes and things that might annoy me at times, he is one of the most caring parents anyone could ask for and I'm insanely lucky to have him for a dad.


And who could forget my brothers.


-Tim, because he's fun-loving and because I'm sad that we were separated just when we were starting to get along more and more but I'm happy that our relationship is getting so much better.
-Glenn, because we are basically the same person except he's a million times cooler than me and more talented and it makes me happy when I talk to him.
-Floris, because lets face it, we're the best team ever little bro.

* I am grateful for being able to study and work in two fields that I love more than anything and I really enjoy doing. And being able to do that wherever I want to in the world.

* I am grateful for my best friend, even if he is across the ocean at the moment, Jess.


* I am grateful for the life I lead, having warm water, food on my plate every day and a roof to live under.

To top of all of that I'm adding a little list of the smaller things I am thankful for:

books
movies
dogs
cats
cinnamon Rolls
coffee
bookmarks
warm showers
music
christmas
christmas music
my fireplace
skype
poetry and the English language
friendly strangers
fall colors and clothing
a smile
hugs and kisses
Love


I hope everyone has many things to be thankful for this year and I that you can't stop having new things to cherish.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment