One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Christmas deed

Hello again my dear blog wall, I've been neglecting you.
It has been a filled up week, and still will be since I still have class tomorrow, but seeing as Fridays are the day my lovely classmates feel that we absolutely need to step out and refresh ourselves I will write now.
Many a development has happened since Monday (wow for some reason I was writing London, my mind is elsewhere). 

My lovely living room

I've decided to give the school Christmas contest a try. I've never actually participated in a contest with my own work, seeing as I never think it's good enough and I'm an editor so it's usually someone's movie that I'm slicing up and then sending off with the director. So for the first time, my own work, for the simple reason that it is a new step in my life, will be given in to the head teacher of the Sound Department to compete against not only the students from every single term but also the teachers! Yes! The teachers are part of the contest! You can see why my optimism in winning is not at its highest, just being part of it will be great.

I'll be sure to post the final project here so that, even if I lose, you all can appreciate (or click and then promptly pause) it.

The project will be a Soundscape, so a story told only with sounds, with a simple narrative of Santa Claus landing on a roof, going down the chimney, placing the presents, eating the cookies and drinking the milk only to be discovered by an awoken child and promptly fleeing the scene.

It's a pretty detailed story and can only be 1min30secs so you really need to have your own personal twist to make it stand out.

I'm making mine a special SteamPunk Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment