One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Monday's recommendation on Tuesday

Sorry I'm getting a bit behind on things with first term ending this weekend though I must say I'm impressed with all I'm getting done, I can tell you know from the 5th and 6th term colleagues I see running around all day that it will not always be the case that I can give you some lovely recommendations. But at that time it won't be lovely Christmas so at least I can share Christmas cheer with all of you.
Here's a book I absolutely adored when I was young and does not get as much credit as I feel it deserves. It's writer, however, has gotten a lot of credit for one of his famous trilogies.

Letters from Father Christmas
by J R R Tolkien

found the image here

This lovely story is based around the lovely letters J. R. R. Tolkien's children would receive in beautiful handwriting, sent to them from the North Pole and chronicling to them the lives of the people in the North Pole and most importantly, the role of Father Christmas.
You can't help but be swept away by Tolkien's version of our beloved childrens' dream and laugh with him as he tells of the loose Reindeers and the accident prone Polar Bear.

You can find the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment