One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Flights, sights and interesting situations

On my way home from Vancouver to France, I had one of my most interesting aerial adventures yet.


Getting ready for my first flight, from Vancouver to Montreal, I made my way through the less than busy airport and listenned to some Def Leppard while playing Tetris and being harrassed by twin redheads who believed that my being a redhead made me part of their awesome gang. I believe in this statement wholeheartedly of course.
Making my way into the airplane, an old man sparked up a conversation with me about my bag (and the school name that is written on it). After a brief chat about Sound Design we finally arrived at my seat. The man obviously was seated further away.
The most adorable look of regret crossed his features as he admitted,
"I was secretly wishing we would sit together. I shamelessly admit it."
Of course I could do nothing more than break into one of my widest smiles ever and thank him for his kind remarks. Expressing my own regret in turn.
The place next to me was not long left vacant however, and one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen took place next to me. An Australian girl returning to her boyfriend. She voiced her worry that he wouldn't love her anymore. This was after talking to her for a while so I knew she was really nice and I gave her another look, noting that she was still devastatingly beautiful. I couldn't do much more than roll my eyes at her worries and reassure her that that was pretty much impossible.


Turbulance smashed us around as we spun around Montreal, having no place to land, and we landed shook up and very late for my connection flight.
I had never had to run all the way from one plane to another. I have now.
Of course, even though the woman closed the door behind me with a dissaproving look, it only took a few mintues for a woman near me to suddenly start screaming.
My first thoughts were of an assault. Oh God I was going to die in Montreal. In a plane. Alone.
So it can be understood that I was relieved to hear it was a man with a 'medical problem' who had gone into shock next to the wailing woman. They decided after 30 minutes of thinking about it to leave the plane.... It took another 40 minutes to find their bags.... Yeah....

The rest of the trip was less eventful. The TGV arrived late of course, I missed my connecting plane and managed to get a different ticket for free because the man at the train station thought I looked aprticularily pathetic and I met a women with a bunny rabbit in the collar of her shirt. In the train I finally got home on I was surrounded by a miriad of colors as a man carrying orchids placed his possestions all around me. It was lovely.

And now I am finally home. After driving from my house in France to the one in Switzerland for 6 hours.....


I've had 3 hours of sleep. In two days.
I'm a bit tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment