One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Write on Wednesday: 13

The Write On Wednesday Rules: Get creative with the writing exercises - there isn't a right or wrong. Please do try to visit the other members of Write On Wednesdays and leave a comment of support and constructive criticism. 




Write On Wednesdays Exercise 27 -  Mel suggested that we look at the "12 Days of Christmas" poem/song and select one of the days/lines for our writing inspiration. So, whether a Partridge in a Pear Tree or Five Golden Rings, write your line at the top of your page, set your timer for 5 minutes and write the first words that come into your head. 


Your second choice is to use Coming Home (To you this Christmas), a song by Achoo! Bless you, as your writing prompt. I heard this song on the radio this morning and besides thinking that this Sydney Folk Duo have come up with the cutest, sweetest name for a band ever, I also thought the song serves up an alternative to the more traditional tune of the season. Download the song for free here, write down the song title, set your timer for 5 minutes and write the first words that come into your head.

So this prompt is written to the Coming Home (To you this Christmas) by Achoo! Bless you and thank you to InkPaperPen for showing me such a sweet song. 

Ok so this started off as a completely different story but somehow ended up becoming another part of the previous stories that you will find here and here and here. I hope you enjoy. This is the ending to that story just so you know, but there are a lot of things in between that you are missing. 


She looked out the window longingly. The snow was coming down harder then ever and even the road that she had been staring at every day since she sent the letter was blocked from her view by the millions of thick flakes. She had always loved snow, she imagined that if her eyes were better she would be able to see every individual flake and what made them so special compared to others. 

She had only recently discovered the importance of one individual as opposed to a group. She had always thought that that would be a fault on her part as a leader but the warmth that her brothers had given her when they found out had made her feel... Well it had made her feel and that to her was already more than she thought possible while looking at the needy faces. 


She stared at the place the road was supposed to be. She knew in her heart, if she had one or not, that he would come for her and they would share what they shared for that brief moment in the church. One moment of peacefulness and bliss. He knew things about her that she didn't even know. She smiled and moved away from the window. He would come, she was more sure about that than she had ever been of anything in her life, and as she moved around the large table that the children had lit with their different machines and the tree they had built -because he was the one that had taught them about Christmas- she could not help but feel grateful for having been born part of her generation. For the first time in her life. Because she had met him.
 

7 comments:

  1. That was really great. I found myself really rooting for your main character and her faith that he would come back to her. I enjoyed reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want her belief to be founded and for there to be a happy ending to this.

    You have st the scene for this beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wishing for a happy end, too. I even had to go back to your other stories to find out if maybe he was her teacher (if he taught them about Christmas). Teacher and student doesn't sound like a happy ending. I'm glad that he's not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha no definitely not teacher and student. Though they have taught each other many things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching! I like the descriptions between her reality and the snowflakes. I hope for a happy ending too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy learning more about this character every time you write! Lovely piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very atmospheric. I really liked the moment when she realises that to feel is enough.

    ReplyDelete