One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday's recommendation

Across the Nightingale Floor
by Gillian Rubinstein

aka Lian Hearn




This book is the first of a series of five books. Originally a trilogy called 'The tales of the Otori', Lian Hearn went on to write a sequel and a prequel to finish up his series. Having only read the trilogy I will base my recommendation on the three books and if you love them you can always decide on whether you want to read the other two or not.
This trilogy is a historic fantasy based in feudal Japan. Our main character, Takeo formerly known as Tomasu, is part of a outcast clan called 'the Hidden' and is saved by the Lord of the Otori clan when another hostile clan attacks his people. He is then taught the arts of the Otori warriors.
We soon discover Takeo is not what he seems and his special skills throw him and his adopted father into the paths of 'the Tribe'. Takeo is torn between vengeance, love and his blood ties as he battles his way through the power struggles of his world.

No comments:

Post a Comment