One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Monday's recommendation on Sunday

The recommendation of the week is coming a bit early this week because tomorrow I'm off to Paris again and I doubt that I'll still remain conscious after the long train ride and possibly an episode or two of a good TV series.
So! With no further ado I offer you my recommendation of the week.

Water for Elephants
by Sara Gruen






I started reading this book because I heard that there was a movie to be released and I make it a rule to read a book before I see a movie version of it.
All I can say is that I am happy they are making a movie so that I had the chance to experience this little treasure. It's strange how the story can manage, even through all the violence, sex, circus freaks, unforeseen events and grumpy elephants, to be the sweetest, most heartwarming story I have read.

The story talk of Jacob Jakowski, a young man passing his veterinarian's degree when an unforseen event throws him ofcourse and sends him into the crazed world of the Benzini Brother's Circus. Before long his talents are found out and he is placed in the menagerie (with the animals) where he meets the lovely Marlena, an acrobatic horse performer. Love at first sight would have been easier to swallow if it weren't for Marlena's sweet, and completely crazed, husband.
How will Jacob get passed the thunderous meeting with Marlena? And how will he fare surrounded by circus freaks that have no scruples against throwing the trouble makers off of a speeding train?

No comments:

Post a Comment