One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy, not so happy, and recommendy

Crazed loss of identity yesterday evening as I crumbled into a mess of nonsense and tears. You never know when it might hit you but yes, it was definitely there, smack damn in the face, as I questioned who the hell I was. This is a rare syndrome of anonymity that only courses through the lucky few that have moved around so much they cannot say what their mother tongue or nationality is supposed to be.
Thank the heavens though and old friend, who I hadn't talked to or seen for quite some time, called me a few minutes after midnight because she missed me those couple of minutes into her birthday.
It really is incredible to have a friend that you bonded with that much and I can't help but be grateful as hell.

So it's with a lighter heart that I attacked the weekend today, yes I said today, a lovely director's workshop course lasted all the way till Saturday and I'm not even a director... In any case as I soared out into the world light as a feather I was immediately slammed back down to earth as torrents and torrents of people came spilling into the street. I have lived in Paris for a couple of months now, and even in the summer when I came to check on apartment have I not seen this many tourists. It was like all of Europe is visiting Paris, with some help from quite a few Americans.
As I battled my way through the streets to my usual bakery for my usual bread, I was confronted by the longest line of people I had ever seen before. This brought to notice the fact that my bakery is really good, so here's you recommendation for today.








Le Coquelicot  is a delicious little bakery, not for its cakes or such (even though those are good too) but for the breakfasts and lunches you can eat there. A delicious mix of breakfast foods and adorable enormous bowls to drink your tea, hot chocolate or coffee in. This bakery also specializes in all different kinds of breads with different flavors or additional ingredients, such as the fig and apricot whole wheat bread (my personal favorite). Le Coquelicot takes its name from the famous flower.

This little beauty is famous for its bright red color, the fields upon fields of them that grow all around France, and the opium that lies in its heart. Be careful of these babies because if you fall asleep under a cloud of red poppies you are not getting up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment