One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday's recommendation

Ender's Game
By Orson Scott Card



This is possibly one of the greatest science fiction books ever written, or at least in my eyes it is.
The story takes place in a future where there is a strict limitation on the human race, it is only for special occasions that couples are allowed to have two children and only for very important reasons can a third be allowed. Our main character, Andrew (aka Ender), is a Third. Allowed only because of the great potential of his genetics, Andrew does not disappoint as he is clearly the most intelligent of his class.
The military, in an effort to create impossibly brilliant officers, recruits children from the ages of seven or even younger as part of a military facility. Andrew starts his adventure as he too is to join the forces of the other children.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment