One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mother's Birthday Dinner

Memories are hazy when you happened to have a fever during a whole evening. Especially since it's a nasty disease I had until... Well I'm still coughing. So I need to document this event before I forget to.



Floris is so adorable!










Every single dish that Kahina got was served in some kind of cylinder form and she had the damnest time trying to eat anything at all. I would always be have bite and then hear a nervous giggled as something catapulted out of the impossible objects. Mind you I was eating with absolutely no taste (severe cold as I said before) so I was doing some giggling of my own as I sample the texture of the food rather than anything else.


Dad and Floris got some brilliant tiny golden knives to stick their meat on. The battle was harsh. This part however was posed, and since my phone was being a jerk Floris had already turned away to listen to my brother. Sigh. Can't us being in a more future-like time equate to having some kind of camera in our eyes? That would be awesome!!!






My brother can be a bit of a goof from time to time.





The desert tray is an enormous  contraption that they wheel out to you and it opens up to reveal all the goodies inside.


This little treat is actually completely comestible, the silver spring thing is sugar!


The macaroons were better than all the other deserts.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment