One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Art is a beautiful shop

I love bizarre artsy, craftsy, you don't really need me, shops. They so full of great decorations and jewelery and all that jazz. I love that the ripped up, vintage, antique look is in as well it makes it all so much better!
Today I dragged Jess along with me to explore a shop I had read about online. In blogland of course.
This shop is a veritable gem!!!








Merci is a great shop/cafe/restaurant (downstairs). They sell clothes, electrics, furniture, perfume, paper and notebooks, tablecloths, kitchenware and just random amazing trinkets including a cute little jewelery section. Plus! It's a concept store that gives all of its proceeds to charity!



The little cafe has a delicious (and rather large) selection of cakes and some warm dishes. The coffee was well rated by Jess and my lemonade was delish too. The café is a small area, adjoining to the shop, where all the walls are covered in second-hand books for you to read as you sip away.
The waiter was such a sweetheart as well.
All in all a great time and a good decoration day for Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment