One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Marrakesh - Part 3

On our third day we went into the new city. You can't see it in this picture but at the end of the fountain, there is a macdonalds. The new city was kind of like a French city in the south, like where I live Nîmes but without the Roman ruins.





 It was almost uncomfortably sunny.


We saw a pamphlet upon our entering the country (i.e. in the airport) about an Yves Saint Laurent Garden. The garden itself is called something else, but it was Yves Saint Laurent's favorite and there is even a memorial there in his name.



The colors were fantastic!




A new type of graffiti I guess. I felt bad for the plants. I wonder is bamboo feels it the same as trees when it gets cut, being hollow and all. It always made me so angry when people carved in trees.
 







 Bizarre cactus tree!


The memorial of Yves Saint Laurent.





We had lunch at a little Italian place. It was pretty good and the first place we found anything alcoholic. Emma celebrated with a Casablanca beer. 



That evening we ventured forth to Djamma El Fna square to look for a new restaurant. The square was beautiful in the evening.









No comments:

Post a Comment