One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday's recommendation

This is not a recommendation. This is more of a, re-recommendation and a plea.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
by J. R. R. Tolkien





I'm pretty sure that everyone know what these books are about and why they are so great. Let me just remind for those who have been living in the dark, or who have evil parents.
The Lord of the Rings follows the life of a hobbit, a small being that looks human-like with big rough feet and longer lifespans, called Frodo. He lives in another world called Middle-Earth where elves and humans are slowly loosing the power of control over the land. Hobbits however live far from any of the troubles of their world in a small quiet corner called, the Shire.
Frodo is thrust into a life of adventure and peril when he discovers that the ring his uncle stole long ago can do much more than simply turn people invisible.  Guided by his good friend, the magician Gandalf and aided by his best friends Sam and the two trouble makers Pip and Merry, he must find a way to destroy the ring. Along the way he is joined by an elf, a dwarf, a ranger and a soldier.
This story, to me, is one of the greatest ones I've ever read. The thing is, most people haven't read it. So here I am, recommending it to you. This story has one of the best adaptations into film in a while and I do recommend the movies but I believe that the books are still a lot better. Don't be afraid of all of the pages and discover a world entirely created to the finest detail by Tolkien. The books will give you so much more on the characters and, most importantly, I believe that Frodo is a better person in the books.
Also discover a myriad of characters that never appeared in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment