One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Team Building in Class



Sigh. I have just started at the VFS and of course we have a team building class so we know how to work with a team. Kind of redundant since I think everyone in our class has worked with a group... Or maybe one hasn't but he has been in a pretty good team of hokey players. Ah well. This in itself is not a bad thing but unfortunately one of the exercises was delivering bad information by delivering two good things with it.
You do this because people need to have more good to negate one bad comment. I guess that's a good idea but personally I don't like receiving any bad comments on things I haven't asked someone's opinion on. I don't deal with that kind of stuff very well. I went with it because, hey, it's team building class! But then of course the person I was paired with wasn't really sure what to say and I don't like saying anything bad to people so in the end he just said something I was wearing did not look good on me and apparently was having trouble finding anything good.
Suffice it to say. I did not feel good after receiving one bad comment and no others...

I just have to say I have never been in a position in a professional working position where someone will be faced with the need to tell you you look bad. Silly silly team building class. You are now at the bottom of my classes list.

I'm sorry if this has very closely resembled a rant. It's probably because it is one. I apologize for my negativeness... Nothing much goes on in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing much goes on in your life? Are you kidding me? Moving from Paris to Vancouver, getting a tattoo, writing for WOW... yep, I wouldn't call that "nothing much". Things aren't so bad; it was just one silly class. Don't feel bad. =)

    Speaking of the fine print, I love the first bit: "I'm sorry if this has very closely resembled a rant. It's probably because it is one.". Have you read Douglas Adams? This reminded me of him a lot. And that's a good thing, an excellent thing.

    Oh, you've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award on my blog. I've greatly enjoyed your WOW pieces and the non-WOW posts I've read here.

    / Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Rain. Ahahaha Yeah I guess I move a lot, when I talk about nothing much it's just the going out and things that I see on most blogs where people recommend places to go things to see. I don't really go out much to begin with but I feel like I should be giving people a reason to travel like me.
    I have never read Douglas Adams but I will check it out!
    *blush* by the way I've never been nominated for anything in my life. I thank you again for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait one second! Douglas Adams wrote Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Yes I've read that!
    Thank you! That's the best compliment I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to thank me, Tessa. You totally deserve the award and the Douglas Adams comment. =)

    / Rain

    ReplyDelete