One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday's recommendation

The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins



I wish I could just say that I read this book in one day without putting it down one second and am now ravenously flipping through the second book. But that wouldn't be doing it justice.
This book tells the story of Katniss Everdeen, a young girl who lives in District 12 of Panem, a land that used to called North America. Panem is separated into twelve districts and the main city the Capitol. The Capitol, to better exact their power over them, has each district take part in the Hunger Games a battle to the death in which one girl and one boy from each district must take part.
The older a child gets the more chance they have of being sent to the Hunger Games, for Katniss the odds are high but it is her sister's first year.
Katniss's fear is dispelled when she hears her little sister's name get called. It is her love for her sister that pushes her to take her place in the Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment