One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday's recommendation

So I don't know any Thanksgiving books. I don't even know that there are any with that specific theme that aren't children's books. And by children's books I mean the ones that teach you what a word means as you read. So instead I'll just recommend this book because the colors and theme make me think of the Fall.

Fahrenheit 451
by Ray Bradbury


This isn't the cover of my book but I don't have it with me and even then I don't have a scanner. Sigh. The other cover is that of a man's face and flames next to it (this image being from Google).


Fahrenheit 451 is the exact temperature at which a book catches fire.
This story follows a firefighter living in a future society but in this future firefighters don't put out fires, in fact they do quite the opposite. Guy Montag is in charge, with his colleagues, of burning books.
In this dystopian novel created by Bradbury books are illegal for the ideas they plant in peoples heads. Everything changes for Montag however, when a young girl moves into the house next to him.


This is a very short story so I can't say any more, only to read it and discover Bradbury's world and the power of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment