One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Food, food, glorious food



Finally cooked a real meal for the first time in my Canadian kitchen! Alright it was a super simple spaghetti bolognese but whatever, it's the action that counts.
Why haven't I cooked here yet you ask? Well there were almost no kitchen tools, so I was missing almost everything to cook properly (and am still missing quite a bit). I bought a few things, not enough to have a fully running kitchen, but enough to have a decent meal. So..... Yay!!!


The other thing that was bothering me a bit is the stove.


Yes I am not used to gas stoves. I used to have them when I was younger and I did like them but I don't like the smell of the gas, I mean gas leaks are not something to laugh about. Yes paranoia, well I'll still cook on them so not reaaally paranoia, but I was reluctant at the beginning. It's also a lot warmer but that doesn't really bother me in Vancouver.
I miss you home stove.

NOTE: this isn't my home stove just some google one, I don't actually go around and take pictures of my stoves....

No comments:

Post a Comment