One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday's recommendation

Everyone might already know this one but just in case you've heard of the series on HBO and not the book then I recommend to you, The Sookie Stackhouse series or True Blood

The first book of which being,
Dead Until Dark
by Charlaine Harris





Now if you know the series then let me just tell you that the book, to me, has a more interesting plot line. There are some changes in the series that didn't make sense and, a big plus in my opinion, there is a lot more Sookie then any other characters in the book. The plot has started really diverging from the book in the third season where things are happening that the director is just making up.

For those who have not read the book or seen the series.
This book is about a young waitress who lives in the South (of the US) in a town called Bon Temps. She lives with her brother and her grandmother, her parents having died in a tragic car accident when she was still young. What differs from our world and hers is that two years prior to the beginning of the story, vampires have 'come out' and revealed to humans their existence. The reason for their forward behavior being the invention of 'True Blood' a perfect synthetic blood developed by a Japanese company. There are some countries where the vampires are rejected but in others they are accepted with a strict set of laws that have to be followed.
What makes our hero so different from a usual girl in a world full of vampires is that she has the power to read minds. Her power however, does not work on the immortal vampires. She finds herself entranced by a new man that has just moved 'back' into her town after a couple hundred years of absence. She finds that the peace of mind that she feels around him is just too good a chance to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment