One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monday's recommendation

It's really early in the morning and I'm wondering why I'm awake. Taking care of puppies feels like one big montage from the Beethoven movie, n°2.

Today's recommendation is:

The Belgariad
First book- Pawn of Prophecy
By David Eddings






This series of books tells the story of a young farm boy (of course) who discovers the power inside himself as he journeys to fight evil. Sound familiar? What makes this story special is that, accompanied by his aunt and his grandfather, Garion must recover the Orb of Aldur and fulfill a prophecy that was once forgotten.
Pretty usual fantasy plot but I really recommend this book for those fantasy lovers. The story has really good twists and turns and the main character is always on the same wave-length as the reader (even though sometimes that means we both need a little explaining from the other characters). I, unfortunately, thought the series went downhill at the fifth book so if you stop there I won't be the one to say no. In the stories defense however, the fifth book wraps up the story in ways and then starts again as though forced, if you read until it wraps up then you've got yourself an amazing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment