One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday's recommendation

Yet another Pride and Prejudice story. I'm sorry that I read so many of these. But when you're in the middle of editing lots of movies and being on many shoots, you just want to read something silly and satisfying. So here is a book that fits that criteria completely.

Mr. Darcy Takes the Plunge
by J. Marie Croft


This is a complete rewrite of the Pride and Prejudice story. It just so happens the places, characters names and time period are the same. But I can tell you this book is pun-tastic. The humor will have you either snorting, giggling or just rolling your eyes but however ridiculous it is, it really adds to the lighthearted universe Croft has created.
Miss Elizabeth Bennet is by no means a girl with no means (if you catch my drift) and even though she has many sisters her whole family dotes on the youngest of the family, the only son. And then we look over to Mr Darcy's side, he is a young man, heir to a great estate and has two sisters. It is upon wondering through the gardens of the Darcy's great estate, having come to visit their housekeeper, that Elizabeth and Jane Bennet (along with the two Darcy girls) bump into Fitzwilliam Darcy, Colonel Fitzwilliam, Charles Bingley and Mr. Flemming. Startled as the ladies are to see the men home so early, they are only more startled to find them half naked from a swim in the lake.

This is a really corny and light comedy so don't start this with an undying devotion to the original story but just let it pass like a new story. If you let yourself flow with the easy rhythm of this story I guarantee that you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment