One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monday's recommendation on Wednesday

I totally forgot about the recommendation day! With all my cooking and tasting and probably... Gaining.
So here you are, this is unoriginal and everyone knows it but I love this book and recently have reread it after many years of not having done so. Fantastic! Of course if you can read the original french version it is a plus, if you can't read french I think this is the only reason you need to learn how to do so, or at least the only amazing reason.

Le Petit Prince
by Antoine de Saint-Exupery



I adore this book! I loved it when I was young and even more when I was older.
If you don't know, the story talks of a little prince who lives on an island with three tiny volcanoes and a flower, after arguing with his flower he travels away from his home planet and bounces from planet to planet before he arrives on Earth. Through his travels we learn about the strange behaviors of 'the adults' as the petit prince is a boy. The whole novel is a question on the behavior of men and has millions of philosophical meanings, its ridiculous how adorable such a well thought out book is. And as a great fan of Peter Pan questioning adults behaviors is a great pass time.
I really recommend this little treasure in all of its deep and not so deep aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment