One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, May 2, 2011

A castle for grabs

So my father has decided that he would fins it a great investment to buy an old castle and make it into one of those luxury, private owned hotels. I think it'll cost too much money and I think he's coming to that same conclusion but I can't help but smile when he gets into all his amazing ideas about what it could be and I can't say that I don't let my imagination run away with his.
 
At least we got to check out one of the nicest not a ruin castles near our house.












I absolutely love the ancient kitchen! 
Although there was some bizarre 'cleaning rooms' behind it, for storage I guess but they looked like something from a very bad place I visited in Germany and I ran away as fast as I could.



 These flowers made the whole garden smell delicious and wonderfully sweet. Apparently we have one in our garden but it doesn't grow... This one was everywhere in the overgrown secret garden.





I loved this random table in the middle of the twirling staircase with a rather fake flower on it. Everything was covered in piles of dust and I somehow felt like I had become part of the Beauty and the Beast cast.



There were lots of sections where the old wallpaper was still evident but only in the corner of the room or one section of the wall, someone took the time to rip apart all the wallpaper and mess with the electricity but then left it all behind. I felt so bad for the house, abandoned, literally.


This is the view from the tower, which was seven bizarre uneven and very dark staircases up. It felt like Totoro until mother and I noticed the next day that our legs felt like they were going to snap off.

2 comments:

  1. Not such a stupid idea as you think. Ther's quite a market for luxury travelling and there will be more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a stupid idea, and there is quite a market for it. But it does cost quite a pretty penny.

    ReplyDelete