One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Friday, March 11, 2011

The situations we find ourselves in

I do not have any pictures to describe what just happened to me. I hope my words will do the scene justice.

Moments after we got out of the car, just getting home from bringing my little brother back from his boarding school, I ran around with my dogs as I always do when I return because they are happy and I am happy that they are happy (...yeah!). It was when I ran into the garden happily chasing after my husky and getting paws in the face as he played with me that I noticed a flopping kind of wet sound coming from the birds' cage. I turn, only to find one of the koi fish has jumped out of the basin and is wriggling on the floor helplessly! As this is not a situation that happens often and my koi are pretty big fish I bolted for the house screaming for my mother at the top of my lungs and gesticulating madly as she appeared in the doorway. I slammed past her screaming some inarticulate words and many repetitions of the word net, net , net! She dashed after me as she finally grasped the meaning of my babble and got to the net before me.
I took firm hold of the net and made a quick run for the door, unfortunately (because during all this time I was still screaming at the top of my lungs about the fish, the fish, the fish!) my saint-bernard was becoming extremely excited and as she is a young dog she still has a fetish for biting when she plays. Because I was running away quickly the only thing she could thing to hang on to was, of course, my ass. Screaming, in pain this time, as the big dog's teeth slammed into my butt and pulled down on my pants, I tossed the net to my mother. Slapping the dog away we made it into the garden and sprinted to the cage.
When we arrived in the cage the fish was motionless, my mother's step faltered and she muttered something about it being too late. I screeched yet again as I saw its mouth move and I pushed her towards it with the net. She quickly flicked it up and dropped it down into the water. The fish, his name is Stanley by the way, started swimming immediately and swam a bit wonky for a few minutes before he joined the other koi.
Safe from danger, I finally let out a long sigh and crumbled to the ground. My mother stood there, heaving slightly with a worried look on her face, and then Valentine (our Cockatiel) flew over and landed on her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment