One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, March 21, 2011

At least you can say you lived through it

I was on the metro today with my darling Jess, line 1 to be more exact, and the metro car stopped. Not unusual as they often stop a bit on strikes and continue right after. The car however stopped very hard and the bruise on my back is enough to prove it. Then it stayed stopped, for quite some time... Then the car started to fill with some kind of misty smoke... Suffice it to say everyone on the metro looked at each other.



Me and Jess decided that, when the metro started going again it was a better idea to walk to the nearest station that connected to the lines that brought us home so as not to continue on the smoky one. Unfortunately as we tried to exit the metro line we were confronted by a metro grill, a closed metro grill. We all looked at each other again. Until a nice man came up and opened the grill.
Jess and I fondly recalled that scene in Titanic where everyone gets looked on the lower decks of the boat as it is sinking, or a zombie movie scene where the gas would have infected everyone and we would have to stay in there until the zombieness takes us over and we start eating each other. Or wait, zombies don't hurt each other do they?
In any case we got to the next metro station unharmed and slightly relieved. We parted ways and I trotted off to my metro line 12. As we sped off into the tunnels a flash of light ran up the sides of the tracks and the metro car and the metro jerked a bit as all the lights started flashing. It then continued as if nothing had happened.

I might never be able to face a metro again...

No comments:

Post a Comment