One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday's Recommendation

Today's recommendation may be considered a children's book, and it probably is, but this set of short stories is delightful for all ages!

An Eva Ibbotson Collection
by Eva Ibbotson

First Story
Which Witch?

Second Story
The Secret of Platform 13

Second Story
Island of the Aunts

Each story, as you may have guessed, is magical and follows one or other magical occurrences or creatures. My favorite of all three stories is "Which Witch?" but I'll let you decide which you prefer on your own. I don't think I can give a synopsis without giving away too much since the stories themselves are not that long in themselves. I can just recommend the beautiful way the writer creates the atmosphere and stays close to the original ideas about evil magic (and good). You will love the romance, the humor and the all around mystery of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment