One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

One day we'll look back on this and laugh

So a couple weeks back our little basin/tank for our koi fish started to lose water. We've been having some rat problems because they love the bird seed and our Husky does love to eat the rats but since he comes in at night there are still some that get through his guard and raid the bird cage. In the bird cage is the kois basin. Naturally we thought the might be a hole or a problem with the water system. Turns out there was both, but this isn't about that.
What do you do when the water of your fish tank is decreasing rapidly and you have no idea how to fix a tank and your handyman is away and the replacement giant plastic basin/tank is apparently glued to the second basin that you bought together because it was cheaper to do so? Well in my mother's case you call on your daughter (i.e me). The two basins were so damn stuck that I had to go crazy on them with a hammer before they would separate. Then came the fun part of bucketing the water from the fish tank (that was still left anyhow) and putting it into the spare basin and all-the-while trying to fish out some temperamental jumping koi fish.








Having fish is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment