One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday's recommendation

Murder Mystery Time!

Alright so you do not know this but I am a major Agatha Christie fan. I find that one of the best things to read on a holiday, in the train, plane, boat, car (if you can read in a car - I find it gets iffy when we're in the mountains and we start turning in every direction-) is one of the Hercule Poirot mysteries. So here are three really famous and rightly so novels from the Hercule Poirot series that you shouldn't miss.

Murder on the Orient Express
by Agatha Christie


On a train on a long way back home, Hercule Poirot finds himself trapped with a murderer and many alibis. 

Death on the Nile
by Agatha Christie


 A couple that Poirot saw once in London has broken off their engagement and the man has remmaried just in time for Poirot to catch the new wife and old boyfriend's honeymoon in Egypt. The old girlfriend, however, has been stalking the newly married  couple and when Hercule Poirot tries to dissuade her she confides in him that she has dreams of killing her old boyfriend's new wife. 
You can guess what happens next.


And then there were None
by Agatha Christie


This one is one of my favorites, not an Hercule Poirot though. It is quoted in almost everything and rightly so because it was one hell of a freaky book.
In it you will discover the perfect crime and why so many were worried about Agatha Christie's hobbies outside of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment