One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday's recommendation on Tuesday

I apologize for the late recommendation. I know there is no way to be forgiven but to recommend something fantastic, unfortunately I just read a trilogy of not so brilliant books. I have started a new fantastically good book but since I'm only at the beginning let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I'll just stick to a classic that I could not resist and you should not either.

The Robot Series
by Isaac Asimov

First book Caves of Steel



Second book The Naked Sun



Third book The Robots of Dawn



Fourth book Robots and Empire



The star characters of the robots series are Elijah Bailey and R. Daneel Olivaw. The story follows the solving of murders by the Bailey, a detective, with the help of the android R. Daneel  (R standing for Robot). It focuses basically on the conflict between the Spacers (descendants of humans who colonized space) and the people who stayed on Earth (an overcrowded Earth).
I really recommend this series, not only because Asimov is one of the most brilliant writers around but because these books flow so well, they are over before you even had the start to begin and you are left craving for more. And unlike many a science fiction book where you find yourself scratching your head at some of the terms, you don't actually have to understand quantum physics to get these books.

1 comment:

  1. Please contact me through the email address on my website -- http://touchscreentours.com -- so I can talk to you about the possibility of our using one of your excellent photos in an app. Thanks, Steve Radlauer

    ReplyDelete