One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Back from the Alps! - Part 1

Finally back from Switzerland to my lovely home, I adore Switzerland of course but all I had time to do was work and I do that much better in my home then anywhere else. Though I do think the quietness of the mountains is what allowed me to finish my sound edit so quickly. Woohoo!

So here are some pics of the only days I could actually enjoy myself!

Here we are at the Aletsch Glacier, a walk that lasted about six hours. A real delight and not very rough terrain. 


This is actually a point where three glaciers meet. The dark lines that you see are the seperations between each glacier. These glaciers used to be a lot bigger...




Feanor enjoyed having snow to eat in the middle of summer.


Mummsy


Mummsy's friend, Annie.




A break for a bit of lunch.







There was a rockslide a while ago so the ordinary road then became boulders that we had to climb over. So fun!





This was right before she jumped off the rock and almost slid off the side of another one...




That is one ominous looking pile of snow, whoever was on that side of the mountains better not be a singer or... trombone player....


No one can make river water look more delicious than thirsty and tired dogs.



Just finishing up his tiny pile of rocks.






The lake of which I do not remember its name...


This was on the other side of a tunnel that was near the lake... it seemed small but went on forever! And just when our fingers felt like they were going to drop off from the cold we reached the other side.




Another glacier!


Beautiful view!


It's safe to say after 6 hours she was officially spent. You can tell because in the foreground of this picture is Floris's hand carrying her backpack, which she was ridded of about an hour before the walk was over.


Little bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment