One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back from the Alps! - Part 4

I know I said I wasn't able to go out a lot when we were in Switzerland and I was not lying, but I couldn't help but want to share some of the pics my Mother got on one of the days she went out walking. I am SO jealous about what she saw that day! Nature, and especially the animals in it, are something of a favorite of mine.




Such a fantastic view!


Feanor agrees with the previous statement.


PS (except not really post): She did spend most of the time inside the water, yes.


Feanor has never looked more in her element than walking along side the bises of Switzerland.

This girl was litteraly just twenty meters away from my Mom! So lucky!


Wasn't even spooked by the dog! Just watched posed and walked away as calmly as ever aparently.

Here's the male. Since he was on the other side of a ravine no need to fear, he was a little more annoyed with them but didn't really have much to say since well... he can't fly.

Nap time.

So jealous of this! Once they rounded the mountain they found this giant field where millions of Marmots were just running around and having a blast! They weren't phased by the dog either (but Mummsy did have to hold on to her a bit).


I wish I was there!

It's actually really lucky that we only brought Feanor to Switzerland this time, if Eldur (our husky) had been there.... The Marmots would not have been.

This was another day, when they first tried out Feanor' backpack. She looks so sporty! Like a real sauvetage dog.
Sauvetage = Saving in french
Note-They don't use Saint Bernards anymore and only used them a little bit in the past, now they use longer nosed and better tracking dogs such as German Sheperds and Retrievers.
Note number 2-Saint Bernards never actually wore tiny barrels around their necks, the sad sad truth.



These sculptures are all over the place in the valleys where we have our house and the couple of neighbouring ones. People sculpt fallen trees or stumps that won't grow anymore to give a little flair to some fo the walks. 


I've seen many of these in the middle of the forest. But these ones that Mother took pictures of are more on display than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment