One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Supertramp, Nîmes Arenas!!!

My Mother is such a great gal! I just want to say that because it's true.

After seeing that Supertramp was in the Arenas in Nîmes, which is the city closest to our village, my mother jumped at the chance to get some tickets. We got enough for the whole family but, being bizarre and strange, my oldest brother didn't want to see Supertramp, my father couldn't make it to France and my second brother can't make it anyhow being in New York as he is.
So my little brother, mother and I invited our carpenter and his wife (who coincidentally became our good friends), Philip and Murielle.
ps: the name Murielle is very nice in french even though in english it sounds more like an older persons name... any thoughts?

I noticed on our way to the concert that I have never taken pictures of the arenas, this seems silly but have you ever realized how you never really visit or take pictures of the city you live in? It's so sad. Like I haven't seen much of France while I have gone on many a vacation in other European countries... sigh...


The Arenas! Only complete one in the world! Woohoo!


Fun fact about Nîmes, it has the most completely intact Roman buildings (including the Arenas and the Maison Carré) and Denim actually means 'de Nîmes' = from Nîmes. Yay!


The inside of the Arenas.



Mummsy darling.


Philip and Murielle



We are very tired...

But still excited!


Amazing light technicians!

Between every song or three the sax player would talk to us and tell some jokes that led into the next song title. It was awesome! 

  The big bang finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment