One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time to come back


Hey there world,
Been going through some rather stressful stuff at home and am still worried about my furry family friends. I had to come back up to Paris to go to my last classes of the semester however and so faithfully I have returned and am taking this opportunity to get back on the time I've lost on blogging. I'm going to add that Eldur, my husky us alive and jumping but many trips to the vet were necessary.



Diving right into it, yesterday I took the TOEFL test. A test taken by people who do not speak English to prove that they can. Oh My God!
First of all that darn test was 4 HOURS long! I didn't have any food or water with me of course and there is only a break of ten minutes so what would you have time to do in any case.
During the test the listening and speaking sections are so fast, as in the people are interrupting each other, that if you don't listen hard enough or take notes like a flying wizard then you have no chance to get it.
During the reading and writing sections. The reading section gives you about five seconds to read something that is damn long and not only that, it's an actual paper about philosophy or psychology or biology. I swear if I hadn't studied higher level biology in the IB then I wouldn't have been able to answer some of the questions or have understood some of the words. You have about five other seconds to respond.
My heart was pounding five thousand miles an hour looking at the gigantic clock at the top of my screen as it ticked an ticked ever faster!
Let me just reiterate that this test is for people that do not speak English. Thank God I do! I have no idea how anyone of the other Frenchies or Germans in the room got anything right if their level of English is not the same as mine. It's like a first language to me for God's sake!
OK... I'm done... But seriously I am very worried for any person that takes the TOEFL that isn't a biology, science, history buff.
Do you know that iridium deposits are found near meteorite craters? I didn't but thanks to the TOEFL I do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment