One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cupcakes and unsettling thoughts

I discovered a cupcake shop in Paris!
I'm sure there are a lot of cupcakes shops in Paris, and that's all good and well. Big fancy stores where they make tiny fancy cupcakes with all different exotic flavors... Is it just me who really can't stand that kind of stuff? I mean, I'm really sorry for the innovative and  super creative chefs that probably are catering to all these different untapped branches of society, but I really just like a good vanilla cupcake with icing and maybe a couple flower shaped sprinkles. I guess 'haute societé' isn't really my thing when it comes to pastries and I feel deprived when my tasty sweets get smaller and smaller.
But! Near my house as well! I found this tiny, adorable, good old fashioned cupcake shop!









Unfortunately the day I found this shop I was a bit insulted and run down by one of my friends... I felt a little terrible so I didn't post about it, instead indulging in three cupcakes at once. (and I admit a couple of spoons of Nutella).


On sad days though I take great comfort in things that I can't explain why they make me happy... like... My puppy, Feanor's, enormous feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment