One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spiritual moments

It is a beautiful, and may I say way too warm, day in Paris. The sun and birds and my need for entertainment led me out of doors to Shakespeare & Co. the only English bookstore I know and love in Paris. The two trees in front of the store had large pink flowers blooming everywhere on them and I couldn't help but stop to take a picture.



After the flowers and the purchasing of a Jasper FForde Thursday Next Novel I found an myself pulled by an invisible force to cross the street to the Notre Dame de Paris. Sometimes I love walking around in churches and just appreciating the silence and the way the air seems to fill with peoples prayers (I guess I wasn't baptized for nothing). It's almost as if you can feel them as you walk around, too afraid to breath but not really needing to anyway. I really felt like having one of those moments today but unfortunately there were too many tourists at the Notre Dame and there wasn't as much silence as you would expect in a church. I think that's my only problem with it, that it's so famous. Because ultimately is is a fabulous cathedral.








2 comments:

  1. Nice. This sunday I will be there too. I expect very early, around 8.30 and 9 o'clock. Trying to avoid the 35.000 joggers on the Martahon of Paris. But I have to get a stamp there on my trip to Santiago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Notre Dame? That'll be difficult!

    ReplyDelete