One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monday's recommendation on Tuesday

Turtle Feet
by Nikolai Grozni






This is actually an autobiography. Personally that isn't really my cup of tea, usually I flee them like the plague, but my brother told me with his infinite wisdom that I had to read this book and his wisdom did not fail him.
This book is absolutely fabulous. The main character, and writer, Nikolai sets off on a quest to find himself as he decides to become a Buddhist monk. We find ourselves in the incredible world of Nepal where everything we know about Buddhism gets put into question. All the characters are described with great detail and you can't help but fall in love with all of them. There is something special about the way he tells the story, a kind of phrase or structure, that makes you really see the world as he sees it. A great insight and an even greater read. This story will make you want to head off to Nepal and also never even dream of setting foot there.

No comments:

Post a Comment