One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday's Recommendation

Hey there! Here's the recommendation of the day!

Memory
by
Linda Wells
(A pride and Prejudice Rewrite)


Memory is my favorite Pride and Prejudice rewrite. Unlike the sequels I do enjoy reading, this story takes the same basic characters and develops the story in a different way. In this story, Darcy has just come back from his Grand Tour at 22 years of age and just finds out his father is going to die. Horrified and very unsure of his future he wanders into the park to be saved by the sound of someone's laughter. He'll always remember that laugh and that young girl until he meets her again. That girl is Elizabeth Bennet. Lizzy on her side has always been outshone by her sister Jane and her mother frequently insults her making her self-confidence dwindle as she grows up. But then one day, when she's 15 she sees a man in a park, and he is looking at her. Only her.
This story is really lovely and the writer really keeps the basis of the characters while layering on different character traits that make the characters so much more believable to our time period.
My only problem with it may be that the characters seem to cry a lot... But what can you do, they have good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment