One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday's recommendation

The Lost World
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle






I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but whoever said having a boring cover was OK wasn't very smart (and was probably french...). The first thing I saw when I was in the bookstore, when I was about 14 years old, was the bright green cover of this book. Then of course dinosaur, so I was thinking "Ooooh! Adventure". Then I read the title, "Huh! Kind of like Jurassic Park". Then I read the author and I thought "Oh my God!". As I am an extreme fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and of Jurassic Park the book was bought instantly and quickly brought home so I could read it after a day of hiking. This is the best book to read while on a hiking trip. Every day when I was out there, in England so the greenery is lush and bizarre at times, I imagined myself inside the book.
All I can say is that this book is about ten thousand times better than the movie that took its name. Don't get me wrong I could watch that film over and over, even considering all the mistakes that are in it, but the plot isn't the most spectacular thing in the world of film. Basically Jurassic Park is the all around theme of this movie, without the ending... or the beginning... And some things are completely different. Ok so there are dinosaurs in both.
A young journalist falls in love with the girl he believes to be 'the one' and will do anything to gain her heart. When rejected because he is too 'boring' of a character he starts what he doesn't know will be life altering. In search of danger and intrigue he falls upon an infamous professor, known for his hatred of the press, who was once laughed at years ago because of his proclamations about a place where creatures from the past still existed. Our young hero decides that he wants to go back there and convinces the scientist that proof is all he needs to make everyone believe. And so starts an adventure that will change all of their lives forever.

2 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Isn't a great read just good for the soul???

    ReplyDelete