One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Friday, September 17, 2010

My first days in Paris

So I finally made my way up to Paris to receive the keys to my new apartment! I am extremely excited and can't wait to start actually living here (if you understand my meaning). These past couple days have been very exciting. I have been running around with my friend Jess, who is attending the same school as me and moved here at the same time as me, unfortunately he did not find an apartment at the same time. Stress filled we defiled the streets of Paris with our endless torrent of worry, speeding around at impossible hours of the day to go see the apartments. We did settle however and found the perfect apartment. This is where it gets tricky...
On the way to the bank to get money - and you can only get money from the branch where you opened your account originally- we took the wrong bus and found ourselves in what we now call the french NASA. There was a giant rocket there ready to be launched and it was somewhere between Paris and the airport. It was... an adventure.
Today was an equal adventure that ends with me destroying my feet as always but I finally went to my school. Although we were a bit stared at for reasons unknown to us but -I hope- known to the people staring at us, the people there were really nice. The international student rep knew us both by name which either means he has an amazing memory or they don't get many international transfers... Oh well! We're special then.

No comments:

Post a Comment