One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Laziness


I would have been very happy to have nothing to report today, to spend my day on top of a kitchen pantry and stare down at the inferior people moving around meaninglessly as I dozed off. Unfortunately I am not my cat, Figaro. This morning was one of those 'don't want to get out of your bed' moments that you can only get lulled into by an evening of stormy weather. When you do get up, because of a loud and wet dog, you realize that relaxing is the last thing that you are going to do.
On top of the normal cleaning of the birds cage as they fly hysterically around because of the rain and your strange appearance in a fluorescent rain jacket, you suddenly realize that millions of other things have gone wrong because of the storm.
Let's include to this list, a burst tire that we changed as my mother held an umbrella over our amazing handy man who should really join the postal service (since they decided they didn't want to get wet to give us some useless mail anyway), a sudden attack of grease on the balcony because of someone forgetting to clean out the barbecue the last time we cooked there, the discovery that our tire didn't seem to exist in any garage and then the reassurance that there was a garage that had it and we didn't have to change all of our tires. Going to a shop that didn't have what we wanted in supply, going to the bank to open an account to then discover that, unlike friendly banks in San Francisco, you need an appointment and they are way too booked to see your ugly face again and of course feeling that indiscernible kind of sickness where you have no idea what you have but you feel lousy.
Sigh at least I got some cool art supplies at Truffaut and am almost done with knitting my scarf!
Whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment