One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday's recommendation

Hello everyone,

Being sick and not on top of everything, this post is being posted (what else?) a little late. Forgive my lack of attention and please accept my humble apologies with this weeks recommendation.

My recommendation for today is:

The Wind of Fire Trilogy
by William Nicholson




This trilogy is actually more destined for child readers than anyone else. However! I really must recommend this book to you, if not to read it then at least to read it to your kids or give it to them in the future and present.
The story follows the lives of a family and more specifically of the two children, twins Kess and Bow. The characters live in a society were class is demonstrated by the color of the clothes you wear and the character, after an incident are demoted to the lowest possible class.
I really invite you to follow their journey as they discover a new world outside of their own, facing cultures that are very different from their own, to finally discover who they are and what they are really made of. I guarantee that the characters will win you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment