One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

From Venice with love

Stress is a word I like to use when superbe hotels like the Danieli in Venice can't supply me with internet when I need it and when I have three directors that need movies sent to them during my stay here.
Also maybe just, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!, but that takes a little more time to write and then I would be afraid of being tied to a gondola, never to be seen again.
But here I am on the internet, so it all turned out OK! Yay!

So since I will do full blog posts with nice pictures when I get back home and don't have so much work (work on vacations, sigh for life right now), I will give sneak peaks with I-phone pictures for the moment.


Upon arriving in Venice yesterday we took a water taxi to our hotel and zoomed by the fabulous church. Last time we were here it was completely packed up to be renovated so I jumped on the occasion to take a good picture. I do realize this is from inside the taxi with the wet window but I didn't feel sure enough about my footing to stand up through the limo roof thing with i-phone in hand and then end up screeching at the water as my link to the world drowned to the bottom of the river... Dramatic, but it would have happened exactly like that. Maybe even my brother holding on to my legs as I tried to jump after it.


So there is no apparent order to these pictures, bear with it. This is part of the hotel, it is fantabulous and over priced (suffice it to say we never eat here, we had dinner yesterday and it was very pricey and very slow. Not a good combination. And the eggs at breakfast are like 12 euros an egg. I laughed at the menu, no one else seemed amused.)


A lovely view accompanied our not so great dinner, at least we had something to look at as we waited forever. (I'm being mean, it was quite delicious really.)


I don't think I have ever mentioned on this blog that I paint. I think the book has come up. But yes, I paint, I'm in the process of re-painting one of my first paintings (maybe I'll post it when it's done). Anyways, this photo was taken because I love the way the water looks in the moonlight and I take as many pictures of that as possible seeing as I would like to make a painting with a moonlit river in it.
Fantastic view though is it not (still the same view as before, we waited a loooong time).


Here's another one of the hotel. We were waiting for my wonderful grand-father and I decided to snap a few more pictures. Such a lovely hall to enter a house in. No?


Here are three shots of what to expect to see in Venice a lot.
Saint Marco, as in Plaza Saint Marco, is the patron saint here and his animal is the lion. Hence many lions.


This is the inside court of the palace of..... Doge? OK I can't actually remember but I'll check tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that's it though.



My beautiful Mother.


My Darling Father.


This is an outside facade of the Doge Palace.


Oh my God, I don't remember how this guy is called. Sheesh I am a poor excuse of a girl who says she likes history. Dates aren't my strong point either. Sigh.... I can tell you interesting facts that are completely useless but will start a conversation at dinner. Always important!


I love the little bridges and streets here.


Finished the evening tonight with a cold coffee at cafe Florian, the oldest cafe in Venice, on the Plaza de Saint Marco. The musicians here are f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c! (I guess they should be because with everything you order you pay 6 euros extra for the band) They played great songs all evening and attracted the biggest crowd with the amazingly talented violinist.
All I can say is that it was good stuff.

Oh and bought a necklace today that is just fabulous, so nothing can wipe the biggest smile in the world off of my face! Ehehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment