One day I want to become a writer, and artist, an editor. I have traveled so much with my parents and my brothers that they are my closest friends and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say I come from any certain country. I love food so much that I think of countries according to the dishes they serve. And also, I am sharing my life with you.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Paris

Sigh... I'm elated at my future living area and the idea of living in Montmartre. I have found a dream apartment, or so it is for me. Even though I have to walk up thousands of steps to get to the top of Montmartre it is worth it!!! And any workout is never a bad workout (hmmm... actually I don't think that is completely correct).
Let me break it down in the only way I know how:
Wednesday
  We went to see the first apartment and then had lunch at the Moulin de la Galette. I had the chicken with champignons and an amazing carrot based sauce that just melted in your mouth... pause for the delight of the memory..........................................

So! Moulin de la Galette! Famous in many ways for many things but I believe one of the greatest things about it is that this (look below) was painted there.
This brilliant little painting was named after the Moulin de la Galette and -of course- was painted by Renoir.





Then we went and visited a smaller apartment in the fashion district. It was wedged between two designer stores and the window overlooked a fashion designers studio. Extremely adorable, though albeit not exactly the cleanest one we saw. The whole street was full of fabric shops including one store that was reserved especially for buttons, which I will tell you now, I am obsessed with. There is nothing very much better than finding a beautiful button and putting it to good use somewhere, somehow.
After perusing the shops and buying some very delightful cookies, we continued on to the last apartment that in the end I chose for mine. I can only say that it is about ten steps away from the Sacré Coeur, it has the warmest homey feeling and you need to go over a little bridge to get to the entrance. In short... It is amazing.

Thursday
After being woken up by a call from my father at an impossible hour in the morning (9:00 OK not reeeaaalllyy impossible), we carried on through the cold morning streets of Paris and found our way to the last apartment. Pausing on the way there to enter a Phone House, I managed to get a new phone for 30 cents because I hadn't bought a new phone in France for so long and had accumulated many, many, Many points. Anyways, I got a Samsung and I love it. When done tinkering and sniggering over my new phone we continued onwards to the apartment.
The apartment itself, although very high up (six floors and no elevator) was very beautiful but too large for just one person, especially one person who doesn't want to have to bring any furniture to her new apartment. Funny how the apartment belonged to Americans and it smelled like America inside. It instantly gave me a warm feeling.
We then proceeded to spend the rest of the day loitering around and waiting for it to be time to take the train home. The later the train, the cheaper the ticket. We spent the time rather well, which equates to a new T-shirt and blazer for me and a new shirt for my brother.
All in all... A good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment